Thursday, September 06, 2007

Another toy recall for Mattel, Inc

Sorry, but it is time for me to get on my soap box and rant a little bit about crap products from China.

Here we go again. Mattel, Inc is recalling even more toys because the paint on the toys "containing impermissible levels of lead." This is the third global toy recall from Mattel in the past month or two. And what is the reason for another recall? More crap toys from China. Here is a snip from sify.com

"Globally, Mattel made its third major recall announcement Wednesday in little more than a month because of excessive amount of lead paint in Chinese-made toys and said some 8,000 pieces would be affected by the announcement. "

And this is just what has been caught in the United States. I wonder what kind of crap toys kids in 3rd world countries or getting cancer from. On a global level China doesn't show they care about anything but themselfs. They don't care about pollution or human rights.

I am now going to "try" to stop buying products that are made in China. Notice the "try". It will be very hard to do so here in the USA. Next time you go to Walmart take a look at the non-produce products and see where they come from. When I did this about nintey percent of the things I looked at were China. Forget about 99 cent stores. I bet 99 percent of the products are from China.

Totally blocking out China products will be impossible. But the conscience effort will make a difference. And I will make sure the compaines know about my decisions. When I pass up the China for the non China product I will write to the company and let them know. And what ever comes of it will be posted on this blog.

Ok time to calm down.

As you can tell I am not good at putting my thoughts to words. I will post again later with more thought behind my words.

Jason

No comments: